March 24, 2021March 24, 2021Contentshide1What is Swift Code2Purpose of Using Natwest Swift/Bic Code3Natwest Bank Swift Code uk3.1Don’t miss
This is afribankonline.com and we bring to you the complete list of natwest bank swift code uk, which ranges from Birmingham to Manchester, Leicester, Cambridge to London etc.
Bet you know what a swift code means, it’s uses and how and when to use it.
Maybe this is your first time of hearing such, don’t worry as i will give you an insight on what it is all about.
What is Swift Code
Natwest bank swift code.
This is code, which is derived through the combination of various kinds of letters and are used to identify the branch codes of the banks.
These codes are used as Bank Identifier Codes (BIC).
A SWIFT code is used to identify a particular branch of a bank.
These codes play an important role in various bank transactions, especially when it comes to international transactions. Itmay also be used by various banks to transfer other messages.
So i do hope that you have understood what swift code is, next is when and how to use it;
You can also call this a bic code, it is used when a bank customer, wants to transfer or receive money from another bank usually a foreign bank.
It is through the code that a bank can be identified and money transfer can go through.
Purpose of Using Natwest Swift/Bic Code
Natwest bank swift code.
The major reason why we have a swift/bic code is to help identify a specific bank, it’s location(country or city) and the branch in particular.
International money transfer can’t be done successfully without the use of the code, or routing number for those in the US.
As long as there is a need to wire money abroad, be it online or offline, a swift or bic code must be added to help make the transaction to be successful.
You’re living in the uk, you have a friend whom you want to send or transfer money to India(wire transfer).
To get this done properly, if you are using your bank to directly send the money to the person in India, your natwest bank swift code uk isn’t needed but rather the person receiving the money.
But in the case that you are using a third party money transfer like moneygram, western union, ria transfer etc.
Then your bank swift or bic code is needed, and along with the receiver bank code too.
Natwest bank swift code.
With this, wiring money to another account in another location can go through without any hitches.
Take a look at the list below, it will help you to identify a natwest swift code;
- The first four characters are used as the bank codes. Only letters can be used.
- The next two characters, only letters, are to describe or give the country code.
- The next two characters can be a mix of both numbers and letters. These are used for location-based codes.
- The last three characters of the code can be digits and letters, and are optional. These last three characters in are used to give details about the branch code.
The official Natwestbank swift code or bic code is NWBKGB2L, but below is for the various branches in the uk.
1 Lecieter City – NWBKGB2156M
2. London SWIFT Code – NWBKGB5
3. Cambridge – NWBKGB2122M
4. Leeds SWIFT Code – NWBKGB2LLDS
5. Bristol city – NWBKGB21 21X
6. Nottingham city – NWBKGB2106H
7. Coventry – NWBKGB2125C
8. Feltham – NWBKGB2152C
9. Cantabury – NWBKGB2124L SWIFT Code National Westminster
10. Guildford – NWBKGB2129Z
11. Aldwych – NWBKGB2154C SWIFT Code for National Westminster Bank Plc
12. Bishopsgate – NWBKGB2102M
13. NatWest swift code Birmingham – NWBKGB2LBHM
14. Reading swift code for national webminster bank – NWBKGB2143E
15. Harrow town center branch – NWBKGB2130S
16. Natwest-guernsey swift code – RBOSGGSXXXX
17. NatWest bank jersey swift code – RBOSJE41XXX
This number might not cover all the branches, but there is a quick and easy way to find natwest bank swift code.
This is available for those that register for bankline. To find your BIC;
1. Select ‘Account information’ on the left hand menu, then ‘View account statement’.
2. Select the ‘Account ID’ of the account you need the BIC/SWIFT for.
3. You’ll see your BIC in the ‘Account information’ box above your statement.
But generally, all national webminister swift or bic code is NWBKGB2L which is eight in number, but if you’re asked for eleven(11) digit numbers, add xxx immediately after the 2L thereby making it eleven digit numbers than the eight it was.
Please note that bic and swift are the same, some banks and countries usually say bic, while others says swift.
So if you hear bic or swift code, know that they are the same and no differences at all.
The likes of banks in the US will say routing number, it is same with you saying natwest bank swift code cause it is being used to identify a particular bank, in case of money transfer especially international transfer.
Register for natwest online banking app
Natwest Bankline: everything you need to know
Natwest customer service number 0800, 0345
This is where i round it up on the natwest bank swift code. Please don’t forget to use the share buttons to share this post.